I’ve made these three times in the past two weeks…They’re that good!
They are almost all the “free’s” – dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free, refined sugar-free (besides the chocolate chips…), grain-free, and of course gluten-free. They get their fudgy texture from white beans, which I’m finding I LOVE in baked treats because they are smooth, creamy, and don’t give an undertone of bean flavor. My fiance didn’t even realize I had used beans in these until I told him!
White beans paired with almond butter also make these a relatively high protein dessert (bonus!).
Also, if you are someone who likes to add mix-ins to your ice cream, these are delicious cut up into small chunks, frozen, and stirred into vanilla ice cream… My fiance actually has a container of treat bites for this purpose alone!
Anywho, I hope you enjoy this whole foods based dessert!
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip BlondiesPin Recipe
- 1 can white beans (such as cannellini or great northern beans) rinsed well and drained
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter no added sugar or salt
- 1/3 cup honey sub maple for vegan
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 – 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Coconut oil for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch pan with coconut oil.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips to a food processor and blend until smooth (batter will be thick!).
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Transfer batter to the greased pan and spread out evenly. Use a spatula to smooth out the top, and sprinkle on a few more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle and edges have become golden.
- Let cool completely in the pan before cutting them. The waiting is the hardest part!
- Store leftovers covered in the fridge.