With the warm, beautiful Spring we’ve been having here, I needed to make something FUN that reminds me of summer. I decided on these frozen chocolate banana pops, which are super easy, require minimal ingredients, and keep as a sweet treat in your freezer whenever you need them. And while I love eating them, I may enjoy the act of making them even more, probably because of the frequent chocolate tasting and getting to choose different toppings. If you’re like me and my partner, your kitchen may end up looking like a Jackson Pollock painting after it’s all done, but trust me, totally worth it 🙂
Frozen Chocolate Banana PopsPin Recipe
- 3 large bananas ripe
- 2 cups dark chocolate broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Toppings of choice coconut, sprinkles, nuts, etc.
- Peel bananas and halve. Spear with skewers or popsicle sticks, put on a pan lined with parchment or wax paper, and freeze for at least 2 hours.
- In the top of a double boiler over low heat, add coconut oil and chocolate. You can make a double boiler by placing a heat-proof bowl over a small pot of water.
- Melt the chocolate slowly, stirring frequently. When it turns to liquid, turn off the burner and take out the bananas form the freezer.
- Dip each banana in the chocolate, swirling it so it is totally coated, then immediately dip in toppings. Return to freezer for another hour before enjoying!