Pineapple Green Smoothie
Refreshing and gut-nourishing!
Servings: 1 serving
- 3/4 - 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 frozen avocado*
- 1 handful greens such as kale or spinach
- 1/2 cucumber roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds optional
- Squeeze of fresh lime to taste
- Stevia or honey to taste (optional)
Blend until smooth and chia seeds have broken all the way down.
Taste and adjust sweetness by adding stevia or honey, if needed. This always depends on how sweet the pineapple is and how sweet you like your smoothies!
*I freeze avocado by cutting it in half, taking out the pit, and removing each half with a spoon (so that the avocado stays intact). Then I put the two halves in a Ziploc and freeze.
Feel free to add protein powder of choice to make this more sustaining. If the protein powder is sweetened, make sure to take this into account before adding stevia or honey.