Sweet Potato Frosting
A smooth, creamy, delicious frosting that is also dairy-free and refined sugar-free!
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato still warm
- 1/2 cup coconut cream scoop off the top of a chilled can of full-fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup add an extra tablespoon for sweeter flavor
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract add an extra teaspoon for more vanilla flavor
In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend until very creamy and smooth, occasionally scraping down the sides with a spatula. Add another tablespoon of maple if you desire more sweetness,and more vanilla if you want a stronger vanilla flavor.
Use the spatula to scoop the frosting out and place into a glass bowl or Tupperware.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or ideally overnight.
The next morning, whip it up with a fork. The frosting should be a thick but spreadable consistency.
If you want to reduce the sugar content even further, use just 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup.
Frosting will last for up to 7 days in the fridge, but it freezes beautifully and can be saved in the freezer for months.